This thread is for OOC discussion, for the RP itself click here.
For OOC discussion, click here!
(Sorry that I didn't do this sooner, I busted my hand up pretty bad and now my rib cage feels like it's made of glass for some reason. I'm hopefully going to be able to actually start the RP tomorrow.
This thread is the character card thread, for storing character cards and for holding the premise, I'll create the OOC and IC threads first chance I get tomorrow.)
This RP basically allows anything and anyone to appear, original characters or characters from official franchises, from Lord of the Rings to Wasteland 2, anything is possible, so long as you have an explanation for it.
Anything can cross over here, whether it's western or eastern, fantasy or sci fi, old or new. Basically whatever takes your fancy, think of this as like a more science factionary and more mature (mature in the sense that it will allow adult themes) version of Kingdom Hearts.
The fabric of reality is in dire peril as strange rifts in space and time seem to be appearing in every form of reality possible. These rifts seem to be bleeding all sorts of alien plant life, creatures and even people through them, polluting whatever world they open up in.
All universes are feeling the effects of this phenomenon, some worse than others as things such as blight, disease, parasites and other things are getting through and taking their toll on the land and the people that live on it.
With the rifts becoming more frequent and time rapidly running out a group of people of various dispositions are chosen to make sense of the chaos and restore order to the universes, one way or another.
I know that the wiki has it's own set of rules but I find that this set usually ensures that the RPs run smoothly. Most of them are trivial and will probably be obeyed without thought but I thought that I'd place them, so that people know what to expect.
1. In order to join, you need to create a character card. It must be like this:
Canon: (What world do they come from? Eg: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Dragon Age, Mass Effect... The sky is far from the limit! ;))
Class: (If it doesn't apply then say N/A but try to give people some sort of heads up as to what kind of character you have, in terms of skills, attacks and abilities.)
Weapon(s): (Please note that weapons that are considered to be OP, like the Alien Blaster from Fallout 3/New Vegas or the daedric artefacts from the Elder Scrolls games will be lost in transit to keep things balanced. Depending on the weapon or artefact, you may or may not get it back throughout the course of the story, depending on how powerful the weapon is.)
Role in Faction:
2. Do NOT take control of other people's characters without their permission.
3. You can control NPCs, provided that nobody else is using them, generic NPCs, like townies and shop keepers can be controlled by anyone. Try to stay in character as best you can.
4. You can have as many characters as you can handle, though it would be best if they were introduced gradually, unless your characters are a duo/trio/squadron or something.
5. You may set the date and time in your canon.
6. No killing anyone without their permission.
7. You can kill a person if they haven't played for a long time or have clearly decided to give up on the RP.
8. This RP bases itself around the idea that there are an infinite amount of universes, with an infinite amount of possibilities. Meaning that you can alter the canon a bit, if you wish. Imagine that every save game of your favourite RPG or your fanons took place in a parallel universe to the original. This means that you can have two people from a slightly deviated world, like two Last Dragon Borns (Skyrim's protagonist), from different universes.
9. If you both pick the same character, each of your characters should be from different universes. For example, if two people decide that they want to be the Lone Wanderer from Fallout 3, they can but the two Lone Wanderers must come from parallel universes to eachother.
10. Take this RP seriously. No messing around!: If you find yourself bored, then write a flashback or a dream sequence and develop your character and if you can’t be bothered doing that, then go away and do something else for a bit.
11. You cannot be overpowered: By this I mean…
No avoiding damage or ignoring it: You take hits, just like you dish them out. You may block or dodge attacks but one in three must hit you.
No ridiculously over powered super-spells or weapons: Anything that allows you to destroy powerful enemies in one hit or gives you a majorly unfair advantage over other players and NPCs will be considered over powered.
You cannot destroy a building in one post: Depending on the building’s size; you must destroy it over the course of several posts. The only exception is during Flashbacks, dream sequences or during written plot pieces (over the course of a paragraph or two).
‘Fridge Magic’ is also considered a form of overpoweredness. Fridge Magic is spontaneous luck, which allows the player to avoid damage or consequence for their actions. It can be done accidentally, so it’s not treated as harshly, but please undo it if multiple people call you out on it or if the GM calls you out on it. (To clarify, getting shot in the head and having the bullet graze the side of it is a classic example of fridge magic. It's possible but highly unlikely and too many highly unlikely events happening at once is impossible.)
12. You cannot be an in world equivalent of a God or a Devil or anything that's omnipotent and immortal. You also can't pull one out of your rectum to solidify your victory.
13. Give the roleplayers time to react to the actions.
14. Signify actions like this:
Speech: "quotation marks"
Out of Character: (between brackets)
Summary of Events: asterisk*
15. You can use all of the races from any lore. (Note: If you're going to use an extinct races, you need to explain about it's return or survival, unless your character's timeline is set before their races existence.)
16. You can not kill or maim (remove the limbs off of) other characters, you can if they say it is ok to though, or if the contributor has left the RP and the character is in limbo.
17. You can Flashback in the RP to previous times.
18. You can add the occasional song or track in a link to the RP, use clear link markers, don't make the link 'intrusive' to state that you are adding a track.
19. Teleportation, by any means, can be an easy way to travel vast distances so your character can be straight in the action. however it can also be a lazy writing tactic. Teleportation is allowed (if it makes sense for your character, ie quite good with magic) but only to certain extend and it needs to have a very large "cooldown" so to speak in order that it won't be misused.
And lastly, though this isn't so much a rule as it is a request...
If you feel that your writing capabilities aren't up to par, but your ideas are. Discuss them with the group first. it would be a shame if your ideas fell flat because of your inability to write them down properly.